I will represent the 3 Geeks Blog on the upcoming Reuters Events: Legal Leaders 2021 (October 19-20, Online). This industry-leading event is uniting the biggest names in corporate law to help General Counsels supercharge their expertise as strategic business advisers, enhance enterprise value, and leave behind a proud legacy.
I am very excited to moderate the panel, Cultivating the Next Generation of Legal Talent which features the following GCs:
- Desiree Ralls-Morrison, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, McDonald’s
- Terry Theologides, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary, Fannie Mae
- Caroline Tsai, Chief Legal Officer and Corporate Secretary, Western Union
- Amy Tu, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary, Tyson Foods
What an amazing panel!
If you’ve listened to the podcast, you know that recruiting diverse talent and understanding the Gen Z mindset is one of my passions. So, I am looking forward to listening to what this diverse group of GCs has to share on how they approach recruiting talent.
Stefan Mullan, Head of Legal Events for Reuters Events reached out and talked me into moderating this panel. As he was putting the panel together, his thoughts were that:
“Legal leaders of today must ensure that the legal leaders of tomorrow look and think differently, and help organizations continually evolve. However, lawyers often operate in silos and lack adequate opportunity to learn from each other which can lead to a disengaged, demotivated department rife with departures.”
Cultivating the Next Generation of Legal Talent will take place on October 19th at 12:25 EST and will help you:
- Discover how a legal department head coach can foster collaboration and development of professional skills to transform your lawyers into the legal leaders of tomorrow
- Understand and accommodate what drives your colleagues to embed a positive work culture in your department
- Equip your team with that they need to handle unforeseen challenges and capitalize on future opportunities
Reuters Events: Legal Leaders 2021 (October 19th – 20th, Online) is uniting senior corporate lawyers with a focused agenda covering five core areas that are driving or undergoing change across the legal industry; Leadership and Strategy, Resourcing and Talent, Regulation, ESG & Diversity, and Transformation.
In a role that has expanded beyond the law, the best GCs today are strategic business partners, who are central to the leadership of their organizations. Legal Leaders 2021 equips senior corporate lawyers with what’s needed to excel in the new paradigm.
I hope to see you there.