Since leaving the law firm back in June, I find myself in a really unique position to be able to provide CI consulting services and advice to law firms, law students and legal departments of all shapes and sizes. It is really amazing to me how legal CI has morphed and changed over the years, and now much more dependent law firms and legal departments have become on this scientifically artistic mash up of strategy and information. As we move toward 2018, with Bitcoin, AI and Emerging Legal Tech in the spotlight, I encourage anyone who is thinking about law firm libraries, marketing, client service or operations to consider attending the CI Foundations course put on by AALL. In a world that is rapidly changing, sometimes, it is the skills and abilities we already have in our firms that can benefit the most from a renewed purpose and injection of competitive advantage.
Here are the details on the course as promoted by AALL….
Competitive Intelligence competence has now moved to the list of “need to have” expertise. Legal information professionals and law librarians are uniquely equipped to help their firms maintain a competitive edge. AALL is stepping up to the call to prepare librarians with a new course designed to bridge the skill gap and move librarians into strategic service delivery. Learn to establish and maintain a strategic competitive intelligence (CI) function in a law firm–from development to implementation–at AALL’s inaugural CI course. Those looking to make an impact and expand library services and professionals interested in being key contributors in a changing and complex legal market need to attend. 3 Geeks very own Zena Applebaum will be facilitating the course. More information can be found below and on AALL’s website. The program is open and the deadline is October 18.
- Friday, October 27 / 9:00 a.m. (CDT)
- Sidley Austin LLP / Chicago
- Members $450 / Nonmembers $675
- Register today
- Limited to 40 participants
- Competitive Intelligence Concepts and Methodology
- Establishing and Organizing a Competitive Intelligence Function
- Leveraging Information for Action
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis Process and Frameworks
- The Law Firm Difference: How is Competitive Intelligence Different for Law Firms?
- Implementing a Competitive Analysis Intelligence Program
- Integrating Competitive Intelligence into Strategic Practice and Firm Goals