I am already checked in for my flight tomorrow to fly to Washington, DC for the American Association of Law Libraries annual conference. As an executive board member (who rotates off at the end of the conference), I get to show up early, and stay through the very end of the conference. My favorite part, without doubt, is seeing my colleagues. These conferences are great for networking, and catching up with friends I have made since my very first AALL conference in DC way back in 1999. So, we thought we’d ask for others who are attending the conference to give us some feedback on why they attend year after year, and leave us a voicemail for the podcast. We’ll try to get this out in a couple days so you can listen before the conference officially begins.
Call us at 713-487-7270 and give us your story on what you are looking forward to doing in DC. There’s a 3-minute time limit on the voicemails… so try to stick to one or two things in your message. You can also record your own message on your phone or other recording device and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s a few ideas, but don’t limit yourself to this:
- Networking with colleagues and why that’s helpful throughout the rest of the year.
- There’s a particular educational session that you’re interested in seeing. What session, and why?
- The vendor hall. What do the vendors bring to the conference that you don’t necessarily get locally?
- Dinners and social events.
- PLLIP Summit.
- Sightseeing in DC.
- The keynote speaker.
- The AALL Business meeting.
- Taking time off from work.
- Something else??
These types of Elephant Posts are fun to compile, and they allow us to hear more from you. Call the hotline at 713-487-7270 or email us a voice recording at email@example.com and share your story!