It took us a week to recover from all the fun in Baltimore, but here’s a review of some of the highlights of the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) Annual Conference.
We’ll discuss some of the things we learned from our fellow information professionals and other presenters at the conference. Such as:
- Baltimore is a great city to visit.
- Vendors are still launching products with “AI” functionality.
- Startups and the smaller vendors are playing a critical role in advancing technology and influencing the major vendors.
- Law Librarians aren’t going to sit by and let civil liberties be trampled upon by mega-information companies or governments.
- Mimosas and Bloody Marys are a good way to kick off a Sunday morning keynote talk.
- And, John Waters taught us we can be be offended and still be enlightened.