I met with current SLA President, Cindy Romaine, a couple months ago and she told me about her project to launch a member-written blog for SLA members. The goal of the blog is to run for 365 days, with 365 posts describing what individual members are doing to prepare for the future of their industry. I have submitted my own post for the SLA Future Ready 365 blog, and suggest that if you are an SLA member, you should also contribute to this year-long project.
- How are you Future Ready? What are you doing to provide just what your client needs now and in the future?
- If you are not ready for the future, what is getting in the way? If you feel stuck, and can identify the issue, we’d like to hear about it. It’s probably something that’s tripping up other members.
- Do you have an idea or example from your job of how you’ve become Future Ready? Give yourself a shout out!
- Think of ideas that might warrant a Future Ready 365 post.
- Ask members to offer their perspectives on becoming future ready information professionals.