Just in case my word isn't good enough to make you link over to the post, here are the 10 items that Basu highlights:
- Network with Cloak of Security (force LinkedIn to use https connections… good for public WiFi or shared computers.)
- Your Own LinkedIn News Daily (a very eloquent display of top LinkedIn headlines found under that "news" tab that I've never clicked on before.
- Go Text To Speech With LinkedIn News (not my cup of tea, but the SpeechIn might be something others would use.)
- Make Contact Without Making a Connection (initially connect with someone that may not be willing to click the old accept button from your request.)
- Browse In Stealth Mode (when you don't want people to see you on their Who's Viewed Your Profile screen.)
- Set Up A LinkedIn Search (Email) Alert (have your search results emailed to you periodically)
- Find The Right Group To Join (by using a Group Statistics feature, you could narrow down your choices of groups significantly.)
- Map Your LinkedIn Professional Network (very cool function from the LinkedInLabs apps.)
- Export Your Connections (nothing is better than an Excel spreadsheet full of contacts.)
- Waste Time With Tetris (AKA DropIn) (between this, Cubeduel and Snake & Ladders, you'll waste a lot of your professional time.)
There a lots more interesting things coming out of the LinkedInLabs site, so you'll want to go check it out right after you read the MakeUseOf post.