|Image [cc] fixedgear|
- Don't make us feel bad for you by sending a tweet to Ashton Kucher, and honestly thinking that he will tweet you back
- Don't brag about becoming the “Mayor of Smith, Jones, and Williams law firm” (especially when you don't even work at that law firm!)
- Please don't send anything that ends with the oft-used hashtag #fail
- Don't brag about your Klout score (if you have to tell people you have “klout” you probably don’t)
- If you're a celebrity with 100K followers, don't call breastfeeding #nasty
- Please stop the tweets that tweet about the value of tweeting
- Find the backspace button and don't tweet with more than 5 @mentions or 5 RT’s
- For goodness sake, don't send me a tweet that say “Follow Me… I’ll follow you back!” (come on… you’re better than that!!)
- I know some of you love those "Inspirational Tweets" but post those on Facebook instead, okay??
- Stop sending me tweets that say how sad you are to find out that I, @glambert, am not singer Adam Lambert (although, I am quite fashionable for a law librarian and have been known to break out in song.)
|Being the "smart old guy" isn't too bad, though.|
Whew… I feel so much better getting those off my chest. I wanted to say anything that mentioned #election2012, but I have a feeling those are going to be unavoidable in the next 320 days or so.
Got some tweet-types you'd like to see go away in 2012? Put 'em in the comments. It'll make you feel better.