The year 2010 may be remembered for a lot of reason (or maybe you want to quickly forget it)… but, for me it will always be the year that the 3 Geeks’ started the Elephant Posts. As many of you may know, our best ideas are developed after a few beers and a good meal, and this was no exception. Scott Preston thought that getting the perspectives of a lot of people on a specific question would make for good blog material.
The “Elephant” name came from the story of the blind men explaining what an elephant looked like by describing the part of the elephant they were touching. It also came from the “Elephant in the room” concept of talking about something that was right there… but no one seemed to really want to acknowledge.
Every Thursday for the past twenty-one weeks, we’ve asked a question and a lot of you have offered up your perspectives. After twenty Elephant Posts, we think we’ve hit on something good.
What Elephant Post Question Would You Like To See In 2011??
I thought we’d do a little year-end retrospective of the Elephant Posts, and while you’re watching/reading/re-reading them, think of some questions you’d like to see asked in 2011, and either post them in the comments, email them to me, DM me on Twitter, or add them to the Google Docs form that we’ve set up.
And remember, next week’s Elephant Post is already waiting for you to give your perspective!!
Review of the 2010 Elephant Posts:
- Is It Better To Get It Right Or Do It Right? (August 12, 2010)
- When Does Your Firm’s Culture Trump Innovation? (August 19, 2010)
- When Does Great Get in the Way of Good? (August 26, 2010)
- Did the Downturn in the Economy Give You an Opportunity to ‘Rightsize’? (September 2, 2010)
- What Do You Do Well, But No One Seems To Ask You To Do It? (September 9, 2010)
- What’s the Next Process That Will Get ‘Efficiencied’? (September 16, 2010)
- What Do You Spend A Lot of Time, Money and Effort On That Just Isn’t Worth It? (September 23, 2010)
- What Would You Tell a Law Student Before They Enter the ‘Real World’? (September 30, 2010)
- How Do You Build Upon the Strengths of Your Firm’s Administrative Staff? (October 7, 2010)
- Consultant – “Your Job Should Be Outsourced… Prove Me Wrong!” (October 14, 2010)
- Name Something Transformational That You Learned From Your Boss (October 21, 2010)
- “I Think You Need to Look Up the Meaning of _________. I Don’t Think It Means What You Think It Means.” (October 28, 2010)
- What Is Something You Can Do Immediately to be More Productive? (November 4, 2010)
- How Do You Market Your Department and Yourself Within The Firm? (November 11, 2010)
- What Drives You Crazy When Dealing With Vendors? (November 18, 2010)
- Which Fictional Character Would Be Outstanding In Your Profession? (November 24, 2010)
- What Free Product Do You Use In Your Job? (December 2, 2010)
- What Surprised You Most About Your Profession? (December 9, 2010)
- How Is Social Media Changing Your Profession… Or, How Should It Be Changing Your Profession? (December 16, 2010)
- What Saturday Night Live Quote Have You Used At Work? (December 23, 2010)