Yesterday, I had a Twitter alert that came through my “law firm search feed” that really stuck out to me. Someone was tweeting about an alert that my firm had written (and it wasn’t someone within the firm doing it.) So, I got curious to see who would be interested enough to mention the alert and discovered a site that I think may be one of the best legal information tools to come around in a long time.
- Corporate Team: A distinct “portal” to topical legal alerts, regulatory press releases, rules announcements and industry insider blogs.
- Client Memoranda: Attorney written alerts and briefings split into industry, corporate roles, area of law and geography.
- RSS Feeds: Over 70 feeds set up by individual categories of industry, professional role, area of law and geography.
- 24 (Memo)rables Hours: A list of everything they’ve compiled in the last 24 hours.
- Lex Pop: mCR tracks which articles and alerts are being clicked on the most, and lets you know which ones they are.
- Hot Topics: When there is a “hot topic” in the legal field, there are dozens of attorneys writing on that topic. mCR compiles those articles and alerts in one place for easy browsing.
- The SEC: All those press releases, blogs and rules releases that the SEC produces, all in one place.
- Standout Material: Although I couldn’t get this link to work, I’m assuming what they are doing is highlighting what the mCR reviewers consider to be an outstanding article on a particular subject.
- Memo of the Week: One truly great article written that week.