The deadline for application is coming up on November 4th, and the Academy itself is on April 1-2, 2016 in Chicago (actually, Oak Brook at the McDonald's University campus.) Below are some details about the Academy, and I'm sure that Celeste Smith, AALL Director of Education, will gladly answer any additional questions you have.
Lead Effectively: AALL Leadership Academy
|April 1-2, 2016|
2815 Jorie Blvd
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
The 2016 AALL Leadership Academy will emerging leaders with essential leadership skills and tools to be an effective leader. The Academy has a solid reputation for building strong leaders who are prepared to meet the challenges facing today's law libraries. Investing in emerging leaders builds a talent pipeline, supports the long-term mission of your institution, and supports the profession. The program will include discussions to explore key leadership concepts and current trends, assessments to identify strengths and preferences, small and large group collaboration, and focused development activities.
About the Academy:
- Open to: AALL members with up to 10 years of experience
- Cost: $575
- Apply by: Wednesday, November 4, 2015, 5:00 p.m. (CST)
- Library/law degrees held
- Leadership and/or service record
- Statement describing the personal/professional benefits of attending
- One professional recommendation
- The academy utilizes current leadership best practices and research-based techniques.
- It is designed to give participants practical tools and strategies that will help them emerge as effective and confident leaders.
- Effective and confident leaders inspire other staff, which creates a thriving organization.
- Trained leaders take more initiative and support the organization's strategic goals.
- Leadership models, concepts, and myths
- Effective and assertive communication techniques
- Leadership styles and approaches
- Strategies for difficult conversations
- Core leadership values
- Motivational leadership
- Influence and workplace ethics