One suggestion I have on the application is that you pay particular attention to questions 6 (What are your biggest management challenges?) and 7 (What do you hope to gain from attending this conference?) on the application. Those are extremely important when deciding who gets in and who doesn't. (Come to think of it, they'd also make some pretty good Elephant Post questions!)
Here are the instructions. The deadline is December 31st, so get to work!
The Eighth Advanced Management for Private Law Librarians (AMPLL) Conference, sponsored by the LexisNexis Librarian Relations Group, will be held April 8 - 10, 2011 in Dallas, TX. Applications due by December 31, 2010.
Redefining ourselves in the new law firm landscape: changes, challenges and opportunities.
- Our world: appreciate and capitalize on intimate knowledge of the legal industry
- Our firm: collaborate to create and leverage strategic opportunities
- Our department: measure and communicate value
- Our staff: cultivate the staff you want
- Ourselves: enhance time management, project management and soft skills
Application deadline is December 31, 2010, and all applicants will be informed by February 18, 2011. Previous applicants who did not attend are encouraged to apply again.
Additional information can be found at: AMPLL 2011 and the application to attend can be found at: http://www.lexisnexis.com//ampllapp
If you have any questions about the program, please contact your LexisNexis Librarian Relations Consultant.