The name of the website is called "myCorporateResource.com", but the name really doesn't give it the true justice that it deserves. But, I guess "OhMyGodICanFinallyQuitCompilingTheseAlerts.com" would be too long a name for the site. But, when I saw it, that was the first thing that popped into my head.
myCorporateResource [mCR] compiles the client alerts published by AmLaw 100 firms, aggregates the the alerts into categories, reviews the alerts, sorts them and summarizes the content. mCR does all of this for FREE!! I've been doing a similar project in-house for a couple of years now (but, not for free!) In addition to the compilation of articles, mCR has also produced an RSS feed for each of their categories.
mCR points to the nine general themes of their website:
- Corporate Team: A distinct "portal" to topical legal alerts, regulatory press releases, rules announcements and industry insider blogs.
- Client Memoranda: Attorney written alerts and briefings split into industry, corporate roles, area of law and geography.
- RSS Feeds: Over 70 feeds set up by individual categories of industry, professional role, area of law and geography.
- 24 (Memo)rables Hours: A list of everything they've compiled in the last 24 hours.
- Lex Pop: mCR tracks which articles and alerts are being clicked on the most, and lets you know which ones they are.
- Hot Topics: When there is a "hot topic" in the legal field, there are dozens of attorneys writing on that topic. mCR compiles those articles and alerts in one place for easy browsing.
- The SEC: All those press releases, blogs and rules releases that the SEC produces, all in one place.
- Standout Material: Although I couldn't get this link to work, I'm assuming what they are doing is highlighting what the mCR reviewers consider to be an outstanding article on a particular subject.
- Memo of the Week: One truly great article written that week.
I've contacted the folks at mCR and hope to have an interview with them at some point to discuss the how's and why's of mCR in a follow-up post.
I'm not sure how I've missed this site in my quest for finding good law firm articles and alerts aggregators, but I'm glad I found it. This is hands-down the best law firm articles and alerts aggregator that I've seen on the market, with Lexology being a close second.
The only criticism I have for mCR is that it would be nice to have a way to sign up for email alerts based on the same type of criteria you have with the RSS feed. And, the website itself looks a little amateurish and very busy with information. Neither of these critiques are major issues, however, as the content is really what I'm looking for.
Hats off to myCorporateResource.com for pulling all of this information together. Great Job!